Member Spotlight for June- Chris Godley
YP member spotlight- Chris Godley from State Farm
1. How did you get to Greenville? I’m originally from Washington, NC. I moved to Greenville when I received my first insurance job in 1997. That’s what encouraged me to move here.
2. Where is your favorite breakfast/coffee spot in Greenville? Egg Yolk, Frank and his team are wonderful and the food is always good
3. Where is your favorite lunch spot in Greenville? Villa Verde
4. Where is your favorite dinner spot in Greenville? Ninos
5. What are your top three things to do in Greenville? I love to ride my bike on the Greenway, Wine tasting at Jefferson’s, Listen to live music at The Loft
6. What is your favorite festival in Greenville? Pirate Fest
7. What is your favorite park in Greenville and why? Alice F. Keene Park, it’s peaceful, great walking trails and beautiful.
8. How do you give back to Greenville? By serving on several boards, mentoring kids, sponsoring several galas, dinners and events, between my local agency and State Farm Corp we have given over 300,000 back to Greenville.
9. What is one thing you would like to see come to Greenville? A jazz bar that caters to adults
10. How can Greenville be improved? Greenville does a great job of focusing on ECU students with uptown, luxury apartments, and festivals but I see very little that focus on the over 30 crowd. I would love to see more that focus on that demographic.
11. How did you hear about the Young Professionals of Pitt County Through the Chamber.
12. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Pitt County? To network and learn more about how I could serve Pitt County
13. What is your favorite part of YP? My favorite part of YP is the focus they put on helping our local community
14. What is your favorite YP event and why? Wigging Out because my Mother N Law died from cancer and I watched how she lost her beautiful head of hair and how sad it made her. It’s a very important event. Until you have been affected by cancer you don’t know how it eats away at you.