For the 2017 year Scott Allenspach is chair of the Young Professionals of Pitt County. This is the highest officer of the organization and we are ready to see how Scott’s leadership will propel the YP’s forward. Here’s some more information on Scott:
- How did you get to Greenville?
A Dodge Neon
- Where is your favorite dinner spot in Greenville?
My wife and I love to go to DAP House and try their new menu items with a glass of Rose’ for her and a Moscow Mule for me. The atmosphere is great and the staff and owners are always nice. If we are feeling lazy and want to relax at home, it is always takeout from Anchalee Thai (best Thai food in town!)
- What are your top three things to do in Greenville?
– Hang out with friends,
– ECU Tailgates and
– Go to all the cool Charity events throughout the year in town.
- What is your favorite festival in Greenville?
Piratefest is a great festival and is fun for all ages. We usually volunteer in the morning and then enjoy the events and music in the afternoon. It has a bunch of different vendors and attractions all weekend long to enjoy.
- What is your favorite park in Greenville and why?
Bradford Creek Golf course…city owns and rates are affordable
- How do you give back to Greenville?
Any chance I get to give back. I do! I always try to attend the charity fundraising events and when I can, I volunteer my time and resources to make this city better. If everyone puts a little time in then this city will be even better!
- What is one thing you would like to see come to Greenville?
More restaurants and venues for Young Professionals
- How can Greenville be improved?
Make sure that they retain some of the ECU Alumni so Greenville has all age groups represented in the workforce
- What is your favorite part of YP?
I love that the group represents a bunch of the workforce in Greenville. There are lawyers, doctors, construction workers, hairstylists, managers, owners and more that are represented.
- What is your favorite YP event and why?
Third Thursdays are always fun because you get to meet new people each month and can talk business or just talk about daily life. I really think though that the Wiggin’ Out for Charity this year is going to be the best party in town! People are already talking about it and the money raised will be going to the new Cancer Center at Vidant which is a great project. Should be a blast!